This course will provide essential knowledge of methods applied in academic research in any field of
Management and Social Sciences. The classes will include theory related to the methodologies used in
all the stages of research with particular focus on quantitative and mixed-methods research, and
practical exercises using online research tools and software that facilitates basic statistical data analysis.
Who should attend?
Researchers from any field of Management or Social Sciences including Undergraduates and Postgraduates
Choosing a research topic
- Refining the research problem
- Research questions and objectives
Critical review of the literature
Development of theoretical framework and hypotheses
election of the research method
- Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method approaches
- Operationalization of variables
- Selection of population and sample
- Designing surveys
- Questionnaire validity and reliability
Data analysis and presentation of results
- Preparation of data for analysis
- Basic data analysis and interpretation
- Presenting the results
- Writing the discussion section
Note: The first 20 participants registered will be enrolled for the course.
A certificate will be awarded by the IASSL upon the completion of the course.
Payments should be credited to IASSL People’s Bank Account No. 086100130008638 at the Thimbirigasyaya
Branch, and a scanned copy of the deposit slip and duly filled application form should be emailed to the IASSL
through [email protected]