Institute of Applied Statistics, Sri Lanka has been incorporated by the Parliament of Sri Lanka on 20th September 2011 by the Institute of Applied Statistics, Sri Lanka (Incorporation) Act No. 38 of 2011. This is the successor of the former Applied Statistics Association, Sri Lanka (ASASL) established in 1999. IASSL is a member of the Organization of Professional Associations (OPA) of Sri Lanka.
Objectives of the Institute
- To promote and assist the advancement of Applied Statistics for furtherance of research, development, education, training and extension.
- To undertake and/or collaborate in the preparation publication and dissemination of useful information pertaining to Applied Statistics by means of seminars, lecture series and articles in a Journal edited and published under the name of "Sri Lankan Journal of Applied Statistics" to foster the training of research workers.
- To undertake research in the area of Statistics with the object of improving experimental techniques, statistical methods and data analysis.
- To co-operate with governmental and non-governmental organizations and national and international institutes engaged in work related to statistics in order to promote research, development, education, training and extension.
- To promote professional interests of the members of the Institute.